Lipton® Tea Bags
1. Deodorize your feet. Boil three or four Lipton Flo-Thru Tea Bags in one quart of water for ten minutes. Add enough cold water to make a comfortable soak. Soak your feet for twenty to thirty minutes, then dry and apply food powder. Do this twice a day until odor is under control. Then continue twice a week to keep odor under control. Tannin, which can be found in tea, is a drying agent.
2. Dye graying white fabrics. If Clorox bleach won't whiten a graying white garment, soak the item in hot, strong brewed Lipton Tea until it is a shade darker than you desire. Then rinse in cold water and let dry.
3. Highlight brown hair. Rinse red or brown hair with brewed Lipton Tea for golden highlights.
4. Relieve sunburn pain. Pat your sunburn with wet Lipton Flo-Thru Tea Bags.
5. Accelerate the germination of grass seeds. Mix two tablespoons of cold, strong brewed Lipton Tea into each pound of seed, cover, and set in the refrigerator for five days. Before sowing, spread the seed to dry for a day or two on newspapers on the garage or basement floor.
6. Deodorize stuffy rooms. Mix one quart brewed Lipton Tea and four tablespoons ReaLemon, strain through a Mr. Coffee Filter, and store in empty spray bottles.
7. Soothe a sore throat or laryngitis. Drink brewed Lipton Tea with ReaLemon or SueBee Honey.
8. Invigorate house plants. Water ferns and other houseplants once a week with a weak, tepid brewed Lipton Tea.
9. Polish black lacquer. Wash black lacquer pieces with strong brewed Lipton Tea, then wipe dry with a soft cloth.
10. Help relieve diarrhea. Drink plenty of Lipton Tea and eat toast. The tannin in tea is reported to be helpful in cases of diarrhea, while its liquid replaces fluids lost by the body.
11. Soothe tired eyes. Place Lipton Flo-Thru Tea Bags soaked in cool water or lukewarm water over your eyes for at least fifteen minutes.
12. Soothe a burn. Apply wet Lipton Flo-Thru Tea Bags directly to the burn, or secure in place with gauze.
13. Stop gums from bleeding after having a tooth pulled. Press a cool, moist Lipton Flo-Thru Tea Bag against the cavity with your finger.
14. Fix a broken fingernail. Cut a piece of gauze paper from a Lipton Flo-Thru Tea Bag to fit the nail, coat with Maybelline Crystal Clear Nail Polish, and press gently against the break. Then cover with colored nail polish.
15. Clean varnished woodwork. Cold Lipton Tea is a good cleaning agent for any kind of woodwork.
16. Tenderize meat. Add equal parts strong brewed Lipton Tea and double strength beef stock to a tough pot roast or stew. The tannin in tea is a natural meat tenderizer
Stephen McBroom in no way guarantees any of these uses or can be held responsible for the use of them.